Nitish Kumar Wants Bihar Caste Quotas Raised To 65%, Past Supreme Court Cap

Nitish Kumar Wants Bihar Caste Quotas Raised To 65%, Past Supreme Court Cap
Nitish Kumar Wants Bihar Caste Quotas Raised To 65%, Past Supreme Court Cap

Government jobs and educational institutions in Bihar could be reserved for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, as well as Other Backward Classes and Extremely Backward Classes, by 65 percent. Taking into account the center’s 10 percent reservation for individuals from Economically Weaker Sections, the total reservation will be 75 percent.

As a result of these proposals, state quotas will exceed the Supreme Court’s 1992 cap of 50 percent.

After due consultation, we will make the necessary changes, the Chief Minister said, adding that the three per cent quota for OBC women should be removed.

Those from Scheduled Castes will receive 20% reservation, while those from OBCs and EBCs will receive 43 per cent – a significant increase from the earlier 30%. A two-percent reservation has been proposed for ST candidates.

Reservation levels are currently 18 percent for EBCs, 12 percent for Backward Classes, 16 percent for Scheduled Castes, and one percent for Scheduled Tribes.

As the opposition BJP claims that the ruling Janata Dal(United)-Rashtriya Janata Dal duo has inflated data regarding the Yadav community and Muslims, the proposal comes hours after a full report on the contentious caste survey was tabled before the Bihar Assembly.

The RJD’s Tejashwi Yadav, Nitish Kumar’s deputy, comes from the former group. The caste survey critics were earlier requested to provide evidence, according to Mr Yadav.

Yadavs make up 14.27 percent of the OBC population in the state.

There are 13.1 crore people living in Bihar, of which 36 per cent belong to the EBCs, 27 per cent belong to the Backward Classes, and 19.7 per cent belong to the Scheduled Castes. 17% of the population is made up of Scheduled Tribes, and 15.5% is made up of the General Category.

Over 60 percent of Bihar’s population belongs to backward or extremely backward classes.

According to new data released earlier today, 34 percent of all families in the state live on less than $6,000 per month, and 42 percent of families belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes fall into poverty.

In addition, less than six percent of individuals from Scheduled Castes had completed their schooling, i.e., passed Class 11 and Class 12. Overall, that number rises to nine percent.

A quota increase for backward classes and other marginalized communities was speculated to follow the release of the first tranche of caste survey data last month.

As the opposition pushed for a similar, nation-wide exercise, the Bihar government’s caste survey became a political hot potato (again) in November.

The Supreme Court endorsed the centre’s 10% EWS quota.

According to the court, the quota – introduced shortly before the 2019 Lok Sabha elections – is not discriminatory and does not alter the Constitution’s basic structure.

Rizwan Net Worth: Mohammad Rizwan Net Worth 2022, Salary, Income, Biography, Wife, Age, Height, House, Cars 

Fastest 1000 Runs in T20: Fastest 1000 Runs in T20

Ambani Book: Ambani Book Ambani Book Betting Ambani Book Betting Exchange

Upcoming Cricket Superstar: Top 10 Upcoming Indian Cricket Superstars

Satta Matka: Satta Matka: What is Satta Matka?

Online Betting: Online betting sites in India

Shaheen Net Worth: Shaheen Afridi Net Worth 2022, Salary, Income, Wife, Age, Biography

Babar Azam Cricket Career: Babar Achieves Another High, Now Only Player To Be In Top-Three Across Formats

Know Female Cricketers: Top 10 Greatest Female Batsmen of All Time 

3 Card Judgement: 3 Card Judgement Casino Online Live Betting And How To Play (Rules)