Mumbai Man Kills Live-In Partner, Chops Up Body, Boils In Cooker

Manoj Sane
Manoj Sane

As police arrested a man accused of killing his live-in partner, chopping up her corpse, and boiling some pieces in a pressure cooker, the decomposing body parts carried out of a home near Mumbai reminded me of the grisly Shraddha Walkar murder case.

Send Your WhatsApp Number to Get Breaking News!

Saraswati Vaidya, 32, was found dead in her apartment on the seventh floor of a residential building on Mira Road late Wednesday, according to a police official at the Naya Nagar police station.

During the past three years, Vaidya has lived with her partner, Manoj Sane, 56, in a live-in relationship. During that time, the couple lived in a rented flat.

A resident of the building complained of an unpleasant odor emanating from Vaidya and Sane’s apartment, alerting police to the gruesome scene.

As officers arrived, they discovered Vaidya’s decomposed body, which had been severed into multiple pieces. Mumbai’s Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), Jayant Bajbale, said that a preliminary investigation revealed the woman was brutally killed.

As a result of the horrifying incident, Sane has been arrested by the authorities. Investigators have not yet disclosed the potential motive for the crime.

As officials attempt to piece together the circumstances leading up to Vaidya’s violent death, the investigation is ongoing. According to Sane, Vidya committed suicide.

Mr Bajbale said, “The situation is deeply troubling, and we are committed to finding justice for Ms Vaidya.” Anyone with information is encouraged to contact our investigators.

Last year’s Shraddha Walkar murder case has uncanny similarities to this incident.

Aaftab Poonawala strangled Walkar, a 27-year-old call center employee, and chopped up her body into 35 pieces and disposed of it in a forest over 18 days. Additionally, he charred her face to hide her identity and stored some of the body parts in a fridge.

Only six months later, Walkar’s father filed a missing persons report after failing to contact her for months. The Delhi police arrested Aaftab Poonawala and charged him with murder and destruction of evidence.